Sunday, June 22, 2008

Would You Believe...

Yours truly made a trip back to the movies last night, hitting the local cineplex to scope out the cinematic adaptation of the old '60s television show Get Smart. And if you haven't seen it yet, go see it now, because it's the best comedy of the year so far.

I can't really say that I was all that familiar with the TV show. I've never actually seen an episode. I knew it was a comedy about spies, and that there was a telephone built into a shoe. But other than that, I didn't know anything about Get Smart. So I went in with practically no expectations at all. After seeing it, I have to admit that it's some of the most fun I've had watching a movie. Steve Carrell is awesome, while Anne Hathaway and Dwayne Johnson (or "The Actor Formerly Known As The Pro Wrestler Called 'The Rock'," if you prefer) are both really funny too. But it should be noted that for all those three do, Alan Alda practically steals nearly every seen he's in.

Alda is awesome, but I can say that about the whole movie. I can't heap enough praise upon Get Smart, it's that good. So I'm going to throw out four stars on my world famous patent-pending Five Star Sutton Scale and give it a big thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home