Friday, February 29, 2008

Requiem For Leap Day

Happy Leap Day, everybody. You'd better make the most of it, otherwise you're stuck waiting four years for the next one. It's like the Olympics, only not.

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the first day of March. This year's just trucking right along, isn't it? Spring will be here before we know it, and that means only one thing: the beginning of drive-in season is coming soon.

Oh boy, do I love drive-in theaters. I've made that no secret in the past, but I just have to reiterate it. here aren't a whole lot of things that are quite as fun as going to a drive-in theater. I know it's hard as a rock to find them nowadays, bu I'm a firm supporter of such establishments. If you have the means, I highly recommend visiting one sometime.

Honestly, I'm not completely sure what it is that makes them so appealing. Maybe it's the whole retro atmosphere. Maybe it's just being able to enjoy some fresh air and some movies at the same time. I'm not completely sure. But no matter what the draw is, there's something inherently fun about them. And if there's anything I enjoy, it's fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home