Saturday, January 26, 2008

War Is Hell

I'm sure all of my American readers have seen the advertisements for the new movie Rambo by now. Your friendly neighborhood movie fan headed out to see it, and I have to say that I was astounded by just how violent it is.

The "Rambo" brand name was built on senseless violence in the three movies released during the '80s. But this new one steps it up to insane proportions. Heads are blown off, arms and legs are blown off, the occasional Burmese child is shot, people are set on fire. It's almost like the Hostel of action movies. (Not really in terms of graphicness, but in terms of the number of violent acts commited.) The sheer amount of violence in this movie is staggering.

But I guess that's to be expected when you see a Rambo movie. And I'll be truthful, the movie is really entertaining if you're into action movies. It's light on plot, and any actor could have been cast in these roles, but that's what makes them so much fun. So I'll give Rambo three and a half stars, and wonder why they couldn't have just called it First Blood, Part 4. That's what it is, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home