Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Killing Time With Comics

[And now for the finale of my second "Blackout Manifesto."]

I finally took the time to finish reading The Dark Knight Returns, and wrapped it up just now. It wasn't exactly what I thought it'd be, but it's kinda hard for something to live up to a reputation like the one The Dark Knight Returns has built over the last two decades. Frankly, I had a hard time following it, and I thought the art was average at best. And I really could have done without the annoying TV news anchor character. Those of you who've read it will hopefully remember who I'm talking about.

Maybe that's just me, I don't know. I almost feel like I should turn in my "comic book fan club" membership card for not loving an exalted classic like The Dark Knight Returns. But eh, whatever. You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. But I'll give The Dark Knight Returns props for ending with a fight between Batman and Superman. I've been wanting to see something like that for a long time.

So yeah, I guess my feelings for it can be summed up with a "meh."

[The power returned at 5:00, just as soon as I finished writing this post in my notebook. How's that for coincidence? I think the outage may have fried my VCR, which is kind of a piece of junk to begin with. I really should get around to buying a new one, before VCRs become completely extinct. I wouldn't even worry about it if I didn't absolutely need a VCR in order to plug my DVD player and game consoles into my television. If I can't get it to work, this will probably be the spur I need to get a new one. But anyway, this is it for the posts I wrote during the power outage. I said on Monday that I needed to come up with new content, so hooray for the power outage for helping me out.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home