Sunday, December 16, 2007

That Title's A Pretty Bold Statement

I managed to get out and catch I Am Legend last night, and I was impressed. There were a few things I'd have liked to have seen explored more deeply, but I really don't have much else to complain about. The CGI is convincing, the action scenes are exciting, the cinematography is gorgeous, and Will Smith puts forth a great performance. Since he spends nearly the entire movie by himself, a lot is asked of him. And I thought he did a fantastic job, balancing between a grizzled survivor and a guy that's gone absolutely stir crazy. So thumbs up to Will Smith and four stars on the patent-pending Sutton Scale for I Am Legend.

Best part of the movie? Seeing the full trailer for The Dark Knight in front of it. I was already excited to see it, then I got even more excited after seeing pictures of Heath Ledger as the Joker online. But after seeing this trailer, July 18th can't get here any faster. Anticipation has hit critical, folks.

1 Comments:

Blogger happyjoebennett said...

Definitely loved "The Dark Knight" preview...cannot freaking wait for that.
As for "I Am Legend" I was glad that it didn't drag on forever like some new movies tend to do lately. I liked it for the most part.

December 17, 2007 at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home