Friday, December 28, 2007

I Want AVP3 Now

Just got back from what may or may not be my last visit to a movie theater this year. Unfortunately, no theater within fifty miles is showing Sweeney Todd or Juno, so we caught Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem instead. And in summary, it was some of the most fun I've had at the movies all year.

The truth is the characters are pretty bad and the actors aren't much better, but I didn't pay to see any human cast. I paid to see Aliens fight Predators, and the movie delivered. Though the lighting was a bit too dark for some parts of the movie, what I could make out through the darkness was some of the wildest, most insane stuff I've seen in a while. Every second spent in the hospital location during the movie is gold. Gold, Jerry!

Yeah, okay, the movie is most assuredly not going to win any awards and probably won't be remembered as an all-time classic, but I am most certainly not going to argue with a movie with balls as big as this one's. Alien vs. Predator: Requiem gets three and a half stars from yours truly, and it's most certainly an improvement upon the first Alien vs. Predator movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home