Sunday, November 25, 2007

Worst Supermarket Ever

So I actually did get the opportunity to see The Mist a few hours ago. And I have to say that I was greatly impressed. Having only flipped through Stephen King's novella once or twice, I went in thinking it was going to be a twist on The Fog. Boy, was I wrong.

I'm actually afraid to go too in-depth with this short little review, for fear of giving anything away. But The Mist is thoroughly enthralling, capped off with an unbelievably bleak ending that no horror movie outside of the Saw franchise would have the balls to try. It's such an intense ending, contributing as much to the movie's quality as the rest of the film itself does. The cast is fantastic as well, with Thomas Jane and especially Marcia Gay Harden carrying the movie. I know the Academy doesn't like to recognize horror movies, but if Harden doesn't get some kind of nomination at the next Oscar ceremony, then there's no justice in the world. She's almost too good.

Go see The Mist right now. I don't care if it's 2:30 in the morning on the east coast, you should see it right doggone now. It's a four-star effort by all those involved, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home