Saturday, November 17, 2007

So Is This A Sequel To "P"?

Got out of the house to check out P2 at the Danville theater tonight. Yeah, I know Beowulf is supposed to be the big movie this weekend, but since I've never read the source material and since I'm not really into fantasy movies, I'll probably wait to rent it. Not even the prospect of an animated Angelina Jolie with no clothes can make me interested.

Well, maybe a little interested.

Anyway, back to P2. I figured now would be the prime time to see it, since I don't think it'll be in theaters much longer after its poor box office showing last week. So how did I feel about the movie? I liked it. I've seen better movies, but I've seen far worse too. P2's problem is that, outside of one really intense scene, the first half is much too slow and methodical. If I'd been watching the movie on television, I probably would have gotten bored and changed the channel during the first half. The movie picks up during the second half, though, and becomes quite entertaining. So if you can make it through the first half, the second half is your reward.

Though the execution is hit or miss at times, P2 is a watchable movie with a rather novel concept and two engaging lead characters. It certainly isn't as bad as the critical and box office reactions would have you believe. So I'm going to give the movie a very solid three stars. If only that first half had been a bit stronger...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home