Tuesday, November 20, 2007

More Comic Talk

I finally got around to reading all those comics I was talking about two posts ago, and I really need to cobble together the money to buy some of these in print. The same goes for the first issue of the Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash comic that I downloaded this morning. I don't have a problem reading them on my computer, but the real thing is more aesthetically pleasing. I'm sure most of you comics fans have an idea of what I'm talking about, right?

But I stand by what I said last week, in that I'd gladly pay good money to watch movie versions of these comics, whether they be theatrical or the made-for-DVD cartoons that have been gaining popularity lately. I think a movie version of Superman: Birthright would have made for a great re-starting point for a film franchise had Bryan Singer not made Superman Returns. Good stuff, Birthright is.

And I think that a line of superhero horror movies would be spectacular. Am I the only one that would want to see a Batman: Red Rain or Marvel Zombies movie? I'd be the first in line to see those, no matter how they were released. Hey, DC and Marvel! I doubt you're reading, but if you are, could you make those movies happen? Please?

So yeah, all those comics I downloaded? They were great. I still haven't figured out why it took me so long to get into comic books. I should have been reading these things years ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I'm glad you've taken the plunge into comic book goodness, and you're totally right ... the printed page is very aesthetically pleasing.

Ok, so here's a list of comics that I think you might enjoy, which are some of my favorites:
--Preacher (entire series)
--Wanted (6 issue limited)
--the Authority (first 12 issues by Ellis and Hitch)
--Planetary (whole series)
--The Ultimates, vols. 1 and 2 (these are totally badass, and blow the animated out of the water; I'm extremely skeptical about vol. 3, however)
--Daughters of the Dragon (6 issue limited from Marvel; features c-list characters from the 70's, but it's so good, and I think would be very adaptable into movie form)

I'll hit you with more later.

November 21, 2007 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger happyjoebennett said...

I totally agree with you about Superman: Birthright. Would have been much better than the eternity-long Superman Returns.

December 12, 2007 at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home