Monday, November 12, 2007

I Do More Than Write, Honest!

I know I talk an awful lot about my writing, to the point of nearly being excessive. But I've also been doing a little bit of reading too. I've been downloading some comics, primarily Elseworlds graphic novels and TPBs featuring Superman and Batman. I'm a fan of the Elseworlds and "What If..." stuff that DC and Marvel do, so I'm totally looking forward to reading stuff like Superman: Red Son and Batman: In Darkest Knight. And I'm especially looking forward to reading the Batman: Red Rain trilogy that I managed to hunt down.

Throw in the fact that I've also got all twelve issues of Superman: Birthright, along with Batman Annual #14, and Elseworlds books Superman: Last Son of Earth and Superman: Speeding Bullets, and I've got plenty of downloaded comics to keep me occupied. I do wish I had the money to track all of these down in print, because after quickly skimming through some of them, I would certainly approve of having them in my currently meager comic book collection.

And thinking about it, I believe DC could really do some good business with direct-to-DVD animated movies based on the Elseworlds line. I'd pay good money to watch movies where Batman becomes the Green Lantern or a bloodthirsty vampire. I'm sure they'd end up neutering the Red Rain trilogy in order to market it to the younger crowd, which is a bummer because from what I've seen from flipping through the comics, it'd almost have to be R-rated. And it'd be awesome, I'm sure.

So I'm gonna go get back into those comics. I've got twenty-three separate issues to read, and I've got to make some time for them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe Bennett said...

Thanks for the comment. I totally agree with you about the twins on "Heroes." They seem to be the weak spot on the show.

I see you are into comics...then I'm sure you have read "The Watchman." How good was that?

November 14, 2007 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

"Watchmen" was fantastic. It's totally worth tracking down.

November 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home