Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope all you readers are having a fantastic Thanksgiving so far. Mine's okay, but it's been a bit of a letdown so far. We here at Casa de Sutton unfortunately don't have anything planned for today, not even a turkey, but hopefully something will pop up by the end of the day. I'd really hate for one of my favorite holidays to end up being no different from the fifty-one other Thursdays out of the year. And I could really go for some turkey right about now, too.

And I know I complained about it last year, but what is the deal with the Macy's Thanksgiving parade? Maybe I need to start watching CBS's coverage of the parade, because I'm sick and tired of watching all these ungodly lame little productions that NBC airs. I don't really want to see some idiot from High School Musical or the cast of the Legally Blonde Broadway musical hold up the parade to do some crappy lip-syncing. I really don't care at all about whatever's hot with the Disney Channel crowd, nor do I care about the latest hit Broadway production, so I really don't want to see this garbage slowing down the parade. Am I just being a fuddy-duddy? Or what? I don't know, but everything about the parade is really grinding my gears. I guess I shouldn't be so grumpy on a holiday, so I figure I'll just have to suck it up and get over it.

Anyway, my imitation of Statler and Waldorf aside, happy Thanksgiving. I hope you and yours are having a wonderful one, and for you non-American readers, happy Thursday. And remember, there's only thirty-three more days until Christmas. Then it'll be 2008 before we know it. Time really flies nowadays, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home