Saturday, October 20, 2007

Why Aquaman?

Knowing most of my regular readers, I'm sure that it's common knowledge among them that the producers of Smallville got together a while back to create a pilot for a television show based on Aquaman. Yes, Aquaman. The CW didn't pick up the show, nor did any other network, but the pilot has been available online since last summer. I finally got around to watching it just a little bit ago, and yeah, I can understand why the CW didn't pick up the show.

It's not that it was bad, but outside of one intriguing subplot that seemed like it could be a ripoff of The 4400, I really didn't see anything that would have made me want to tune in week after week. It seems like it would have ended up being just a cheap Smallville wannabe, and that isn't good. At least the cast was likable, especially Justin Hartley as Aquaman. But I think it might be for the best that the show didn't work out, because I think Hartley works better as Smallville's Green Arrow than as Aquaman.

It's almost a bummer that the CW didn't give the show at least one season, just to see where the Bermuda Triangle subplot went, but as I said, I can understand why they didn't. The truth of the matter is that this one episode was pretty underwhelming. But at least it was worth at least one watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home