Saturday, September 29, 2007

Zombie Birds Are Awesome

So tonight I managed to get out of the house and catch a showing of Resident Evil: Extinction. I'd been looking forward to seeing it for a while now, and I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. Sure, Wesker barely has anything to do at all, and the Claire Redfield character has nothing at all in common with her video game counterpart, but I must admit that I thought the movie was quite entertaining.

Naturally, there were parts I didn't think flowed all that well, primarily the thoroughly useless scene where Milla Jovovich gets trapped in a room full of zombie dogs. But other than that, I really don't have a whole lot of negative things to say about the movie. The cast is strong, the effects are good (though some of the blood spurts obviously being CGI was a bit distracting), and I thought a lot of the scares were effective.

I don't really know if I'd recommend the movie to those who weren't fond of the first two chapters in the Resident Evil movie trilogy. If you didn't like the other movies, then you could probably skip Extinction and not feel bad. If you did like them, though, then this one will more than likely be up your alley. I dug it a lot, so I'm going to give it three and a half stars on the patent-pending Sutton Scale, along with a thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home