Thursday, September 27, 2007

Robots and Aliens

And here we are, folks. Welcome back to the show, where not a lot goes on, but we make the most of it anyway. I'm in a posting mood, but since I don't really have a particular topic in mind, I'll just do what I always do and make something up as I go along. Hopefully I'll be able to start doing posts with a bit more substance once things really start going my way, but as always, I'll have to adopt my typical "wait and see" mentality for now.

But moving on, I did get a chance to see the season premiere of Heroes the other night. There were some good parts (the Hiro stuff), some lame parts (the "robots and aliens" thing), and some confusing parts (the siblings fleeing to America), but I thought it was a watchable episode. It at least has me wanting to see next week's episode, so the episode did its job.

I also got the chance to catch the first episode of Reaper on Tuesday night. I'm still bummed that the CW chose to cancel Veronica Mars, but Reaper shows a lot of promise. The cast is funny and the premise is novel, so I'll give it a chance.

Then in a few minutes are the season premieres of Smallville and My Name Is Earl, both of which I'm looking forward to seeing. Since I have yet to join the twenty-first century and acquire a TiVo (or a reasonable facsimile thereof), I'll probably end up watching one and downloading the other once I can find it online. I'd be happy if the shows were on different nights so I wouldn't have to choose between them, but I guess I could say the same thing about Heroes and Monday Night Raw. At least there isn't anything in my regular viewing schedule that's up against Supernatural, which starts back up next week, so that's a plus.

And it seems I'm beginning to take this post into an odd, rambling tangent. That sort of thing seems to happen when I do one of these posts written on the fly. But as I said, I'm hoping that once I get the big ball rolling, I'll have more worthwhile material for the MSX. Not that discussing the beginning of the fall TV season isn't worthwhile, but you know what I mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanny said...

Hopefully an upgrade to tivo AND hdtv won't be long in the coming!

September 28, 2007 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home