Monday, August 6, 2007

Who Reads The Watchmen? (I Do.)

Just finished reading the last issue of Watchmen a few minutes ago. Oh my, was that some great stuff. I mean, it's just some amazing reading from the first issue to the last. And the whole thing, when put together... wow.

I really can't wait for the movie to come out in 2009. Considering where society has gone since the 9/11 attacks, the whole twist at the end couldn't be more relevant. I mean, I'm not one of these wacko conspiracy theorists or anything, but still. So yeah, we've got about a year and a half to wait before Watchmen: The Motion Picture is released, but considering that I heard filming was supposed to end by sometime in February, I wouldn't be surprised if the first trailer is in front of The Dark Knight next summer.

Anyway, Alan Moore's Watchmen gets a thumbs up. My only complaint was that weird "Tales of the Black Freighter" comic-within-a-comic was a real distraction, and I didn't feel like it had much of a payoff, either. But eh, that's just me. Still, thumbs up for Watchmen. Go check it out, if you haven't yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home