Friday, August 10, 2007

Stuff In The Works

As mentioned in my post on Tuesday, I've got a review of Hollywoodland in the works. Got it in the mail from Netflix this afternoon, so you can expect it within a week or two. I'm still unsure whether or not I'm going to review The Black Dahlia, but I'll give it a watch, see if I want to do a write-up of it.

I also have my next big project set in stone: a series of reviews of movies based on or involving video games in some fashion, which I'm calling "Sutton At The Arcade." On deck are the Mortal Kombat movies, the Tomb Raider movies, Street Fighter, and Super Mario Bros., along with gaming-oriented movies The Wizard, Stay Alive, and Brainscan. Netflix didn't have Double Dragon or Wing Commander, so unfortunately, I won't be able to do those. I'd probably end up giving them bad reviews anyway.

Speaking of bad reviews, I almost included the direct-to-video House of the Dead 2 among the "Sutton At The Arcade" movies, but since they're doing direct-to-video sequels to BloodRayne and Alone in the Dark, I feel almost feel obligated to do those three reviews as a triple feature all to themselves. The Alone in the Dark sequel apparently won't be out until sometime next year, so it'll be a while. But boy, am I ever looking forward to seeing those three.

But of the nine movies I've compiled for "Sutton At The Arcade," I think the one I'm least looking forward to is Brainscan. I haven't seen it in maybe ten or twelve years, but I do remember being pretty dumb. I remember that, and I remember thinking Brainscan's villain was a cheap Freddy Krueger wannabe. I just hope that if it's as lame as I remember it being, that it'll make for an entertaining review to read.

But before we get there, I've got maybe four or five other reviews lined up in front of them. But I'll get around to them sooner or later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home