Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Old-School 8-Bit Goodness

So I'm currently working with a temporary replacement monitor, one which I borrowed from a lesser-used computer we happened to have around the house. Again, it's only a temporary replacement, since I'm aiming to acquire a permanent one once I can find one within an acceptable price range. I'd rather get a new computer, but unless I stumble across 700 bucks or so, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

In other news, I did a little digging around my closet Sunday night and stumbled upon my old Nintendo Entertainment System. Like I couldn't find it without hooking it up and playing a game or two. It's almost as old as I am, so I was a bit surprised that it would actually still work. I had a hard time getting some of the games to play correctly, and some didn't even want to work at all. And there were even a few instances of a game resetting itself in the middle of a level. But hey, I'm glad I found it. I don't think I'd seen it since I left college five years ago. So pulling it out of the mothballs for another go-around was great.

I think I might have to fire up the NES again in the near future. Old-school 8-bit goodness never hurt anybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home