Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Love Movies Too Much

Remember last weekend when I was posting about seeing Surf's Up and the Fantastic Four sequel at a drive-in theater? I've been thinking about that sort of thing, plus thinking back to a conversation I had with Libby the other day, and it makes me wonder just how hard something like that would be to put together.

Opening a drive-in theater will probably take way too much effort than I could put forth by myself, but it'd be neat if I could convince the Opera House over in Springfield to let me put together - and perhaps host - a midnight movies program in their auditorium. I don't know if it'd be any kind of success in this neighborhood, but it'd be fun for me. Just walking in there every Friday and/or Saturday night with however many people are in attendance and running a movie that everybody there would have a ball watching. Though I will concede that it's just a cheap reason for me to watch late-night movies in anything resembling a theater. That sort of thing is just too much fun.

At the very least, I'd like to bring back something some college buddies of mine put together several years back. They rigged up some televisions and a VCR in the school's courtyard in front of one of the girls' dorms, along with a tent, a couch, and a few recliners and whatever chairs we could come up with. On tap: a triple feature of Fallen, House on Haunted Hill, and In the Mouth of Madness. Once I get back out there into the real world and start networking, I'd like to do something similar to that. Just get a bunch of friends together to party and watch some movies every few weeks. Don't act like that wouldn't be any fun.

Yeah, this whole thing is just me rambling; a few pipe dreams, if you will. But there's nothing wrong with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home