Saturday, May 19, 2007

When Sequelitis Strikes

Went and caught Shrek The Third this afternoon. I didn't think it was as strong as the other two, but I have to say that it was an entertaining movie. And isn't that what most movies should be?

While I do think that this particular movie was indicative of how the Shrek franchise is starting to run out of steam, Shrek The Third still made a good go of it. There were a number of truly funny moments, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a good time watching it. Pretty much all the cast gives it their best, though Justin Timberlake seemed to be the weakest link (though his character was the weakest, so that's probably part of it). The animation is still fantastic, and the soundtrack is great as well. Outside of my previously mentioned complaints about how it feels like "sequelitis" is finally catching up with the Shrek movies, I really don't have a lot of bad to say about Shrek The Third. I'll give it three and a half stars and a recommendation to fans of the first two movies. Now I've heard that Shrek 4 has already been approved and I'll definitely see it, but I really want to see a Puss-In-Boots spinoff instead. Is that too much to ask?

So that's enough of that. I'm gonna go relax and watch the Heroes marathon on the Sci-Fi Channel. Later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to see a spin-off movie about Donkey and all those adorable dronkeys!

May 19, 2007 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Hey, I've been watching some of that Heroes marathon, too!

May 19, 2007 at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home