Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I'm Tired Of No-Talent Skanks

So yesterday I made a post about Paris Hilton facing a month and a half in jail, and how I felt that she believes she's above the law by trying to talk Arnold Schwarzenegger into giving her a pardon. As you can tell, that post is no longer here. I got to thinking about it after I posted it, and I made the choice to delete it. It's one of those deals where in retrospect, it just wasn't a post I wanted to make. Besides, in the extremely slim chance a member of the Hilton family reads this blog, I don't want to get sued for libel.

But I really do get the impression that Paris believes she's above the law. I don't care what her excuse is; how do you not realize that speeding and driving on a suspended license while you're on probation is probably a bad idea? I also fail to understand just why she's famous in the first place. Aren't you supposed to work your way to fame, as opposed to getting famous and then working? And it's not like she's done anything that's been any good. Pretty much all of her movies have gone direct-to-video; her album just barely sold enough copies to earn gold certification from the RIAA and dropped completely off the Billboard charts in a couple of weeks; and I have no clue how The Simple Life lasted one season, let alone five seasons on two different networks. (I will admit, though, that I watched a few episodes of The Simple Life during the third and fourth seasons, and I thought Nicole Richie was funny. Paris... not so much.)

I just don't get it. I don't get it at all. I know Paris is only supposed to go to jail for 45 days, but can we instead drop her, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and all these other no-talent skanky party girls on a deserted island so we never have to hear from them again? Is that too much to ask? At the very least, can we lock Nicole Richie in a room for a week, with nothing but Krispy Kreme donuts to eat? If Kirstie Alley and Anna Nicole Smith can lose weight, can't she gain it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Yeah! Tell 'em, SteveDave!

What he said.

May 8, 2007 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home