Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I'll Get It Written Sooner Or Later... Maybe

Remember all those posts I made a few months back about how I wanted to write a movie? I miss those days. Though truth be told, I haven't thought about it in a while. And I'm not exactly 100% sure why that is.

I got so into the idea of writing a script, but things slowed down, stalled, and eventually stopped. It might be that I was really into wanting to write one, but when it came time to actually do it... I really didn't know what I was doing. Is it that hard to think up some kind of plot or narrative or anything like that? I'll be the first to admit that I'm not all that great when it comes to narrative writing, but it came to that script, it's like I kept running headlong into a brick wall.

Could it be that I simply don't have a story to tell? I came up with plenty of scenes and a little bit of dialogue that I liked, but I couldn't think of any way to connect them, any way to put them together into anything resembling a story. What's my deal, anyway? If you put a million monkeys in a room with a million typewriters, they could probably churn out something before I could even get started.

If this remains something that I really want to do, I'll hopefully be able to get something rolling once I get my whole current situation worked out. Maybe when I get some real life experiences in, beyond all the goofy stuff I did with my college buddies so many years ago, I can come up with something that will put all the pieces together. At this point, I'm not even worried about writing something that I can produce into an actual feature film. I just want to see if I can take that first step.

But as with everything, we'll have to see where it goes from here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I know how frustrating writing can be, but I'm sure you have a good story in you somewhere. Sometimes they just take a little coaxing out is all.

I have total faith that you'll find what you're looking for.

May 10, 2007 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home