Friday, May 4, 2007

Finding Things To Do

Other than watching the Brian Pillman DVD and repeatedly conquering Resident Evil 4, there really isn't a whole lot of anything going on. Life never was all that exciting or anything, but man, it seems like things are a lot more boring lately. I'm sure I could alleviate some of this boredom by getting back in the habit of turning my instant messengers on. I'm sure my absence has been noticed by those of you I regularly chat with, and I'm sure you guys are probably wondering where I am, so I'll explain.

Remember a week or two ago when I was sick? I stopped logging into any of my IM programs at night, figuring that I'd probably get into a really good conversation and be up all night when I could use plenty of rest instead. And ever since, I've just gotten lax in turning any of them on. Sorry 'bout that, folks; I'll try correcting that soon.

But moving along, I'm going to try and come up with some plans this weekend. I could use a haircut, plus Spider-Man 3 comes out today, so I'm hoping to do one or both of those sometime this weekend. Of course, if I had my way, I'd be at the movies all month. I'm trying to make plans to see Shrek 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and I'd love to see 28 Weeks Later and Bug when they come out, but it just comes down to money and opportunity. Considering that my current financial and transportation situations, finding the money and opportunity to see any of those movies is going to be tricky.

But I'm working on that. Or trying to, at least. It goes back to that whole "moving forward" thing I've talked about before. But I'm really wondering just how far that I've moved forward so far. The year is almost half over, and I'm barely making baby steps in the right direction. Baby steps is a good start, don't get me wrong. At least it's better than spinning my wheels. But I guess I was expecting to leap headfirst into things. I've always been like that, always expecting things to be in full swing when I get there instead of trying to build them up first. I guess that's why things are the way they are. But here's hoping for changes for the better.

Wow, in just four paragraphs, this post seems like it's been all over the place. That's what happens when I decide to type up a post with no topic in mind and end up going with a "stream of consciousness" style. I'm not even sure that I can find away that it all connects seamlessly. But hey, it's better than one of those lame "I got nothing" posts. At least it's something, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home