Sunday, May 27, 2007

But Why Is The Rum Gone?

Went and caught Pirates of the Caribbean 3 today like I'd planned. I'd heard that it was getting mixed reviews, but no matter; I thought it was absolutely fabulous.

I'm not saying the movie isn't without its flaws, but that doesn't stop the movie from being entertaining from beginning to end. Truth be told, I only have two complaints about the whole thing: I thought some of the action sequences are long to the point of being borderline excessive, and I had a hard time following the plot and figuring out just who was aligned with who. Other than that, I really don't have much of anything to say in the negative.

Gore Verbinski's direction and Hans Zimmer's music are great, the effects are wonderful, and the cast is fantastic. Pirates 3 is a big, flashy, exciting summer blockbuster, no doubt about it. But there's nothing wrong with that, since the movie is really great. So I'm going to give Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End four stars and hope that just because this is the end of a trilogy doesn't mean it's the end of a franchise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home