Wednesday, April 18, 2007

When's Stephen King Doing Cell 2?

Finished Cell about ten minutes ago, and now that I'm done, I really don't want it to end. Couldn't Stephen King have given the book one more chapter? But I guess that the ending might be the best in the long run, since it leaves the epilogue open for interpretation. Which makes sense, since you can think up any ending you want without being disappointed by what the writer came up with.

So what do I think about Cell, now that I've completed it? I loved it. A lot. I can't wait for the movie version. I mentioned in one of my early posts that the book had a very 28 Days Later/Dawn of the Dead '04 kind of vibe, but as it progressed, it switched gears and started going in the same direction as The Omega Man. With all that going on, a movie version could be awesome, and I'd totally see it.

Cell gets a thumbs-up, so quit reading this and go read that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I'm glad you liked it. For me, it's hard to go wrong with Stephen King.

I bet a movie version comes along within the next couple years.

April 18, 2007 at 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There already was a movie.

It was called the Stand.

April 21, 2007 at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home