Monday, April 2, 2007

State of the Screenplay

Welcome to the month of April, everybody. Glad to see you could make it.

So not a whole lot happened over the course of this past weekend. I read a wee bit of Cell, which I really need to jump deeper into since I just came across a very intriguing plot twist. I last left off on page 205, just a little over halfway through, and I can't wait to see what the next 145 pages have to offer.

I've also done some pre-planning on the script idea I mentioned in my last post. I'm in the process of writing down all my favorite memories from my college days, or at least the ones that I think would make good scenes in a movie (I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty, I think, so far), and I'm preparing to start working on a list of character names. Like I said, I don't plan on using any real names just in case somebody gets a bee in their bonnet and sues me. But I did know some people with some pretty interesting nicknames that I might have to take inspiration from when I start writing. Like I'm not gonna name a character "Disco" or "The Rage."

Once I get all that taken care of, I can start working on the story. I still don't know what kind of story I want to tell, though I am leaning toward doing something in the vein of the "prospective student learning the ropes" thing from PCU. I don't consider myself to be a very good storyteller, so I'll definitely have to work on how I'm going to write this thing. I can think up all the concepts in the world, but coming up with a beginning, middle, and end is the important part. That's going to be the really big phase of my pre-planning, naturally.

Anyway, that's where things stand with the writing. I do appreciate the support from all three of my readers so far, and you guys can feel free to pitch in with any suggestions or comments or anything like that. Be my guest. I'm just happy this script thing seems like it's really starting to move forward. Seems like that's becoming a theme.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

This all sounds good. Very good. Writing down your ideas for different scenes is absolutely something that will help you out later on. I smell success.

April 2, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home