Thursday, April 5, 2007

A Few Survival Horror Notes

I talk a lot about Resident Evil 4 here at the MSX, primarily because it's such an awesome game. And after hearing some recent news, I have even more reason to go buy a Wii. Why? Because Capcom is releasing the budget-priced Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Playing the game with Wii-ified controls sounds awesome, but my favorite part of the story is this: featured on the game will be the previously PS2-exclusive "Separate Ways" sub-game and a trailer for the upcoming Wii-exclusive Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. I'm really looking forward to anything related to Umbrella Chronicles at this point, but most of all, I'm enthused about "Separate Ways." Since it wasn't in the Gamecube version, getting the chance to play it is enough for me to go buy a Wii and re-buy Resident Evil 4. And I'm probably going to end up buying an X-Box 360 to get Resident Evil 5, barring Capcom going crazy and putting it on the Wii too.

I've also picked Resident Evil 2 back up lately. Man, this, Nemesis, and Code Veronica really could have stood an update in graphics when they were ported to the Gamecube. I mean, I'm glad to even have the games on a console I own, but playing games with PS1 graphics when the other games in the series are so gorgeous is a real bummer. Plus it doesn't help that the scripts are awful and the voice acting is lame beyond words. I think if Capcom really wanted to make truckloads of money, they could remake the other five games in the core franchise in the same style as Resident Evil 4. I'd totally buy them all.

Anyway, I'm getting back into Resident Evil 2. I've already beaten it once with Leon Kennedy, who you may recognize as the hero of RE4, and I'm playing through it again with the other character, Claire Redfield. I last left off maybe halfway through Claire's half of the story, and I've made lots of progress since I picked it back up. Of course, it helps that since I'm playing it on super-easy, I've got a grenade launcher, rocket launcher, two different machine guns, and a crossbow, all with infinite ammunition. I believe I'm only two or three bosses away from a victory, so it shouldn't be long if I stick with it.

And stick with it I shall. Victory, I'm coming for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home