Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Operation: Six Star" Continues

As noted at this time last week, I've been trying to get a score of 100,000 or higher in the Mercenaries mini-game of Resident Evil 4. "Operation: Six Star," it's been dubbed, and that's a catchy name. Anyway, I made a little progress just a little while ago, and I felt like bragging about it. :)

If you remember those posts I made about Operation: Six Star, you'll recall that I've succeeded in achieving six-digit scores in two levels and have had brushes with success with the other two. Well, I did manage to get a six-digit score in Waterworld about half an hour ago. With Wesker, I racked up 108 kills with a string of 24 in a row, for a final score of 105,790. I barely made it over the hump, and when I noticed, I had about 18 seconds until time expired. And those 18 seconds were tense! I had enough health and healing aids, but tense times like that cause poor little gamers like me to get nervous. But I lasted the 18 seconds, and ended it with the aforementioned 105,790 points.

So after getting that score, I spent half an hour trying to top 100,000 in the desert, but alas, no success there. Maybe tomorrow or some other time. But Operation: Six Star is one step closer to completion, and I'm pretty enthused about that. I'm gonna crack that last six-figure score eventually and Operation: Six Star is going to be a success, believe me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

That's awesome! I've come close to topping Waterworld out, but I haven't quite gone over yet. It's crazy that you did it with Wesker--I'm so out of practice with him it isn't even funny. My operation is pretty much Hunk vs. Krauser, and the other three are just bystanders right now.

I also love that Operation: Six Star caught on as a name for this. Wooo hooo.

March 27, 2007 at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home