Thursday, March 29, 2007

Mission Accomplished

If you've been following the Experience for the last few days, you've seen my progress in Operation: Six Star, a quest to achieve 100,000 points in each level of Resident Evil 4's Mercenaries side-game. And folks, I can officially say that Operation: Six Star was a smashing success.

The only level I had left was the desert war zone, so I went into it alternating between my two go-to guys, Albert Wesker and Jack Krauser. I went at it for an hour, and just five minutes ago, I finally got over the six-figure hump with Krauser. Eighty-five freaks killed with a streak of 27 in a row, giving me a grand total of 105,020. Like when I beat Waterworld the other day, it came down to the last twenty seconds, inching just over the edge and hanging on for dear life. But I succeeded, and that's awesome.

So my current high scores in The Mercenaries, highest to least highest (since "lowest high score" just sounds silly):
  • The Castle: 130,270 with Wesker.
  • The Village: 111,760 with Krauser.
  • Waterworld: 105,790 with Wesker.
  • The Desert: 105,020 with Krauser.
See? I told you Wesker and Krauser are my go-to guys. Good job, boys.

And as I said yesterday, I'm almost afraid to pick up Professional Mode again. I'm so close to the end, but with the small arsenal I'm carrying, I'm pretty sure I won't get past Über-Krauser. And even if I did, who's to say I could make it through the remaining areas and the boss battle against Saddler? Sigh, sometimes I just don't know what I get myself into until I get right down in the middle of it.

But isn't that always how it is?

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Yay! Congratulations!

My go-to guys are Krauser and Hunk, but really only in the Village for Hunk. That neckbreaker is an awesome awesome thing.

As for professional mode, I can't even imagine how hard Krauser is on that, since I'm not even past the frikking U-3 yet. I was just thinking about which areas are just beyond Krauser, and ... yipes.

March 29, 2007 at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home