Friday, March 23, 2007

The Hills Have Lame Movies

Me and my dad went and saw the 7:00 showing of The Hills Have Eyes 2 last night, and maybe we should have seen 300 instead. I thought it was lame, lame, a million times lame.

I liked the remake a lot. I wouldn't have given it a good review if I didn't. But this sequel isn't even half as good as its predecessor. None of the actors hold my interest; the script is so awful, I wasn't even sure what the names of the characters were; and the direction is horrendous. I don't know who the director is, but I hope he never gets any work again. He apparently can't grasp the simple concept of just sitting the camera and one spot and letting the action happen. Every time there was an action sequence, the camera was shaking around all over the place like it was being operated by someone with Parkinson's disease in the middle of an earthquake. If I wanted to see the camera shaking around, I'd watch The Blair Witch Project instead. I'm going to give Hills Have Eyes 2 two stars and hope that I appreciate it more once I rent the DVD and review it for S@TM. I say that because I'm hoping that the bad mood I was in while watching the movie. You may be asking, "Why were you in a bad mood?" Here's why.

I was sitting by a group of about seven teenage girls that just wouldn't shut up. Talking to each other, giggling, answering cell phone calls, even mocking one character because he had a lisp. I'll admit that I've talked in theaters before, but I have enough respect for everybody else to keep it to a whisper when I do. I'd also have the common damn courtesy to turn off my cell phone if I had one. But no, they didn't give a crap. I'd be surprised if any of these girls were old enough to get in, which is surprising because I got carded when I bought the tickets and you'd be stupid to think I look underage. Next time I go see a movie on a Friday night, I'm gonna swing by Thor's house and see if I can borrow Mjolnir, because those punkass hooligans are going to be catching beatdowns right and left!

But after that crappy movie, things are going to be looking up during the rest of the weekend. I bought Mick Foley's new book at Wal-Mart after seeing Hills Have Eyes 2, and I've go plans to see the new Ninja Turtles movie sometime tomorrow afternoon. And I'm so looking forward to both. I still need to finish Cell too, since it's due back to the library on Wednesday and I'm only halfway through. I might have to check it out again, since I want to see this book all the way through to the end. But I've got TMNT tomorrow, two books to read, and a review to write, so this weekend shouldn't be boring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

That's disappointing about Hills 2, as I'd just assumed it was being made by the same people as the first one, and because the first one was so good. I think from your review here that I'll just wait and Flix it.

I'm wishy-washy about the Turtles. I used to be fairly big into them, but that was a long time ago.

Yay, the Foley book. I'm sure you'll love it.

March 24, 2007 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home