Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Another Heroes Post

Remember last week when I said Heroes was awesome? I still stand by that this week. I downloaded last night's episode and just finished watching it, and while I didn't think it was quite as good as last week's episode, I still thought it was great.

One thing I liked about this week's episode was that it proved they haven't completely forgotten about the Niki/Jessica saga. And while there wasn't a whole lot to it this week, I'm happy to see that Ali Larter's troubled twosome is still part of the show. As much as I like Hiro, Ando, and the Bennets, I'd really like to see the whole Niki/Jessica thing get more screen time. The story feels like it's treading water, but that's mainly because it isn't getting half as much focus as some of the other storylines. And as much as I think this week's episode was a good way to start changing that, I also think that it's simply gotten lost in the shuffle. That can happen with shows featuring large ensemble casts; the secondary storylines can sometimes be forgotten while the show focuses on the primary ones. I guess I'd just like to see my favorite B-list Heroes characters get a little more screen time, that's all.

Besides that, I also really liked the ending. It was totally unexpected in a good kind of way, and I can't wait to see where it goes next week. Yeah, Heroes could easily let the whole cliffhanger ending thing slip into being cliché, but the show makes them work. It could easily just slip into a "go nowhere, do nothing" phase like Lost, but Heroes works. As I said, the show makes me watch week after week after week. And that, my friends, is the mark of an excellent show. So hooray for Heroes. Oh yeah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I'd like to comment more on Heroes in my blog, but my problem is that I see it at its normal time in my proven superior time zone, then you Commun-Easties (hehehe) miss it because of RAW and who knows when you're able to catch it on SciFi or downloads. And then my roomie might take as long as until Saturday to watch it.

That said, I also liked the Niki/Jessica stuff, as well as the HRG stuff... and Linderman rules in about 472 ways.

The only bad thing is no more Heroes till 4/23

March 7, 2007 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

It was another great episode. I'm still catching up to some of the plots and stuff since I came in late, but I do like what I see quite a bit.

March 7, 2007 at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home