Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Notes On Future Writings

Those three reviews are coming along slowly but surely. I'll get them done eventually, I promise.

On the topic of writing, I have to admit that I haven't put a whole lot of thought into writing that script lately. I don't really know what to blame it on. It could be due to either me being really wrapped up in writing my reviews, or the fact that I don't how how to progress a story any further than the ten pages I wrote several months ago. I don't really know why I can't come up with even a little something to further what little I have. I'll admit to not being the most creative writer there is, but surely I can think up something. Right?

The only problem I have is that it seems like most of my ideas are knock-offs of scenes from other movies. At this point, I think I might as well write a remake of a movie or an adaptation of a book. While I'm not exactly opposed to doing either of those ideas, I'd really rather do something original first. The legalities of a remake or a book adaptation would really hinder what I could do with my movie if I tried shopping it around Hollywood unless I was inspired by something public domain, but I mainly want to do something original to prove to myself that I can.

I've long been kicking around my "Clerks in a Wal-Mart" idea, and I think that I could have a lot of fun with it. I've also had the idea of doing something akin to Broken Lizard's Puddle Cruiser. I believe I might have brought that up in the past, but screw it, I'm talking about it again. Puddle Cruiser isn't the best of the Broken Lizard movies, but I'm fond of it and doing something like it would be both fun and simple. It's just a matter of coming up with something that would be in the same style without being too blatant of a ripoff.

It all comes down to fully fleshing out my idea, and taking these ideas in a direction I would be satisfied with. I don't know how I'm going to accomplish this, but I do know that this a goal I don't want to give up on. Even if I'm old and gray when I'm done, I'll just be happy knowing I gave it a shot. I'll figure it out sooner or later, I'm sure of it. I almost always do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I know you'll figure it out. I have complete and total faith in that.

February 14, 2007 at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home