Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mike Awesome Was Just That

I finally finished the second of those three upcoming reviews just a little while ago, and I'm going to get started on the third once I get it from Netflix. I've got three movies in front of it on my Netflix queue right now, so it might be a little bit before I get to work on it. But I'll have it done eventually, I promise!

In other news, I was thinking about writing a post this past Monday about ECW, since I bought the new "Extreme Rules" DVD after seeing Ghost Rider Sunday afternoon. But just as I got ready to start writing that post, I read that former ECW champ Mike Awesome apparently hung himself. And that's a real bummer. His matches with Masato Tanaka in ECW are some of my favorite matches ever, and I'm sad that he didn't really take off in WWE or WCW when he was there, because he really was awesome. He most certainly lived up to his name in ECW, that's for sure.

I think I'm gonna go grow a mullet and throw a Japanese guy through a bunch of tables. It'd be a fitting tribute.

4 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

That would be an excellent tribute. Don't forget to hit the guy over the head with a chair as hard as you can.

February 21, 2007 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

I would, but if the tribute was dead-on, he'd just shrug it off and hit me with the chair twice as hard. And that would hurt.

February 21, 2007 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Well, that's when you put him through the table. That'll show him.

February 22, 2007 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

Oh yeah, that'll totally show him.

February 22, 2007 at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home