Sunday, February 18, 2007

Coolest Motorcycle Ever

So me, my dad, and my sister caught Ghost Rider this afternoon. And believe it or not, it didn't suck. My opinion won't be shared by everyone, and I'll admit to maybe being a teensy bit biased since I like Nicholas Cage, but I won't lie when I say that I really liked Ghost Rider. Yeah, it might have somewhat unbelievable effects, corny jokes, and an air of silliness to it, but I walked out of the theater thinking to myself, "Oh man, how cool was that!"

I don't believe any comic book fan will disagree with me when I say Ghost Rider is a solidly B-list superhero. If he wasn't, the movie would have been a summer blockbuster like the Spider-Man or Fantastic Four sequels coming out in a few months instead of being saddled with a release date in the middle of February. But let's not let that get in the way of the fact that I had fun watching the Ghost Rider movie, pure and simple. And having fun goes a long way in my opinion of movies. The cast looks like they're having a great time, especially Nicholas Cage, and while the CGI effects aren't exactly the most believable, it doesn't hinder the action scenes from being entertaining.

If I had to compare it to any other superhero movies, I'd say that Ghost Rider is probably on the same level as The Punisher. Not everybody will like it, but those that do will have a ball. So I'm going to give it three and a half stars on the actual filmmaking scale, and four stars on the fun scale. Take that for what you will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Hey! We saw it today, too ... and I mostly agree with you. It was fun.

February 18, 2007 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home