Friday, January 12, 2007

Who Is This Eion Bailey Guy?

I was doing a little surfing around the incredible edible Internet, and landed on an intriguing news story at Batman-On-Film.com. Most of the cast for the big roles in the next Batman movie have been set. Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman are all set to reprise their roles from Batman Begins, while Heath Ledger will be playing Joker. But one major role has yet to be filled, that of Harvey "Two-Face" Dent. According to Batman-On-Film, Hugh Jackman, Liev Schrieber, and Ryan Phillippe might no longer be considered for the role, while Edward Norton, Jamie Foxx, and Eion Bailey are candidates. To that I respond: "What?!"

I've made it no secret that if it were up to me, I'd put Liev Schrieber in the role. I'm a fan of his work, plus he resembles Harvey Dent's appearance in "The Long Halloween." But these other contenders? I'm not sold. Neither Edward Norton or Jamie Foxx seem like the right person for the role, and I don't even know who Eion Bailey is. Should I have heard of him? Because I haven't.

Truth be told, I have no problem with Foxx or Norton being cast, but they aren't exactly the first people I'd think of if I were the movie's casting director. I know Foxx has an Oscar, but I don't really know if I'd really buy Two-Face if he were played by the guy whose biggest movie prior to Ray was Booty Call. Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to imagine that if he got the role, that Billy Dee Williams would declare jihad on him. If I were him, I'd still be kinda steamed that they replaced me with Tommy Lee Jones for Batman Forever. And Edward Norton... I just don't know. I'll admit that my familiarity with his work extends to only Fight Club, Red Dragon, and a few scenes from American History X, but he's never struck me as the Two-Face type. Maybe Harvey Dent, but not Two-Face.

I know I'm not the one doing casting for The Dark Knight, so I don't have a say in who plays who. If it were up to me, I'd go with Liev Schrieber as Two-Face and Crispin Glover as Joker. But I'm not going to argue with casting though, since I'm sure that The Dark Knight will be awesome no matter what.

3 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I have no idea whatsoever who that guy is. I'm not really sold on those casting ideas either. I think your thoughts are pretty spot on myself.

January 12, 2007 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Bailey was alright in Band of Brothers. I looked at his other credits- he was on Buffy, and I think you guys watch that. Someone does. Not me.

January 13, 2007 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

I've seen the Buffy episode he was in and thought it was kinda forgettable. Maybe that's why I didn't remember him.

January 13, 2007 at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home