Friday, January 5, 2007

Rough Blueprints For Battle Plans

So how's your 2007 been so far? Mine's been prety rockin' so far. It's been kinda slow, but we're only five days into the year, so there's always room for it to pick up. Am I right? But regarding the last five days, I have no complaints. And I still have my eyes on my 2007 game plan: to move forward. Though while that is The Matt Sutton Experience's overarching theme for the new year, I really think I should narrow down exactly what needs to be moved forward on my path to 2008. So let's hit the bullet points.
  • Transportation. As it stands currently, I have no driver's license. I've had a learner's permit since 1998, and having just that for nearly a decade isn't exactly something I'm itching to brag about. What I intend to do is remedy this fault, get my car's engine woes fixed, and get out on the open road. Which leads me to my second bullet point...

  • Gainful employment. I really, really, really need a job. It's bad enough that I have to bum rides off people, but I don't like having to borrow money from my family and friends too. I have a few places where I'd like to apply, but I'd like to do a little scouting first. I want to make sure these places are places whose paychecks I'd like to cash, after all. And then my third bullet point...

  • Living life. I'm almost 25 and I still live with my parents, so as soon as I get points one and two taken care of, I want to start aiming for life on my own. I've discussed with a few of my associates the possibility of getting a bachelor pad in Lawrenceburg, so once I get the ball rolling, this is something I really want to work on.

So that's the rough blueprint for my 2007 battle plan. At this juncture, I'm not exactly sure on how each puzzle piece will fit. But I am quite sure that all three items will be achieved, and that I can really get things moving forward. At least things can't go too far backward.

(Credit to Libby's post from Tuesday for inspiring this one.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

What an excellent battle plan! I support your efforts 100%. And if you throw in any additional battle plans on the fly....those, too!

Yay. Thanks for the credit. I love being inspirational.

Woo hoo.

January 6, 2007 at 2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home