Sunday, December 10, 2006

Success!

Last we left off in the world of Resident Evil 4, I was having a little trouble getting past the room with the two Superclaws. My last save point was just before the clock tower outside their room, so that's where I started yesterday. I got past the clock tower with no problem, and when I got to the bridge, I just chucked a grenade and headed straight for the door for the Superclaw room.

Before I even started with the clock tower, I'd formulated a plan of action in regards to fighting the Superclaws. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I'd done a little searching and gotten the free Broken Butterfly that was just outside the helldog maze. I did some bartering with Trader Joe before entering the clock tower, and got the Broken Butterfly's firepower jacked up as much as I could afford. When I got to the Superclaw room, I just stayed behind them and fired away with the Broken Butterfly. A few shots, and down they went.

And now to fight the Verdugo. Lovely. The guy took care of me pretty darn quick. And why does he have to be so fast? It's like I'm fighting a evil mutant version of The Flash or something. But I got killed, so I figured that would be a good place to stop.

I started back at the Verdugo fight this afternoon. Like with the Dos Superclaws area, I figured that if I was going to kill the Verdugo, I needed a plan. I swung by Trader Joe's and purchased a rocket launcher. If bullets wouldn't slow him down, explosives would, right? So with rocket launcher in hand, I set my plan into motion. I activated the elevator and ran to the door, and that was the Verdugo's cue to pounce. I took a shot to the head from him, but I managed to get around him and hit that beast with a liquid nitrogen tank. That slowed him down long enough for me to fire a rocket right into his ugly mug. And that no-good monster exploded into a million pieces. Now who's bad, huh? Now who's bad?

After that, I figured that one boss fight was enough for this round, so I decided to leave off there for right now. That was a great big hurdle, and I hopped over it with no problem. There's some tough areas ahead, but I can take 'em. I just killed a Verdugo with one shot, after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Tremendous! I'm glad you're doing well, man.

On the other hand, I'm stuck.

December 10, 2006 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home