Monday, December 11, 2006

Out Of The Frying Pan...

Okay, here's one more Resident Evil 4 post. Yes, there could be other blog-worthy topics I could talk about. But I'm running this monkey farm, so I'm talking about Resident Evil 4 again.

So anyway, where were we? Last we left off, I'd slayed that big bad Verdugo, and I laughed at the zillion tiny Verdugo chunks I'd just blown up. It was a proud moment for all of us here at Sutton Industries. But there's little time for gloating, because I've got some freaky tentacle-headed butt to kick. From the ashes of the Verdugo fight, I moved on to the mine. I didn't really need to fight another Chainsaw Charlie, but if I wanted to progress, I had to take him and those other guys down. And that's just what I did. It took me a few tries before I finally got through, but I went right from the mine into a two-on-one brawl with Dos Gigantes. And sadly, I got squashed more than a few times. But with a little assistance from the trap door full of lava, I bettered my odds and eventually defeated them both.

And then I had to go and walk right into one area that I was not looking forward to: Cueva del Novistadors. What sicko at Capcom thought this place up? I can handle two or three at a time, but a cave full of them is ridiculous. My head got seperated from my torso a few times, and I didn't know if I'd make it through. But I just did what I always do when I run into a brick wall: I blast a hole big enough to run through, and I make a break for it. I hate those stinkin' bugs, and I'm glad to finally be rid of them for good.

The campfire and underground area after that were no sweat. And those two Chainsaw Charlies in the underground area were no problem whatsoever. I completely avoided one, and managed to take the other one out at a distance with the rifle. But the area that followed was a tricky one. The train ride is a fun part of the game, but it can kick you around if you're not prepared. I got past it on the second try, and I did draw a little satisfaction that the four freaks that were in the train with me took a long ride to the bottom of the ravine at the end.

The big Salazar statue was up next, and here I am with only handgun and rifle ammo and no healing items. Joy of joys. It took me a few tries, but I did get through, despite having pretty much no health left. Thusly, the next section was extraordinarly hard. But I got a lucky break and was successful. Up next was the showdown with Salazar. He is a bad, bad dude, and he managed to actually bite me in half twice. But the third time, as they say, was a charm. I swung by Trader Joe's and picked up another handy rocket launcher, and Salazar was defeated.

Thus endeth Disc One. Up next on Disc Two is the Island of the Damned, and I'm going to conquer it just like I conquered the village and the castle. You just can't stop the inevitable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Ok, now you're just showing off.

December 11, 2006 at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home