Saturday, December 16, 2006

One More Brick Wall Comes Down

After taking a break from the game yesterday, I fired Resident Evil 4 back up this afternoon and was immediately thrust into a battle with the U-3. Or as I like to call him, "It." I really hate this portion of the game, because It's so big and there's so little room to maneuver in there when you're running around. The first two sections of the area weren't so bad; I managed to keep It at by with the TMP while I did what I needed to do.

But then there was the third section, where the huge paracite with the pinchers pops oit of It's back. My torso got separated from the rest of me quite a few times. But I did make it through, albeit with my health level in the orange. That didn't help me in the final showdown with It. I did scoreone green herb to help me a little bit, but it didn't save me from getting bisected more than once. But this very fight is the reason why I upgraded the Broken Butterfly as much as I could before I left Trader Joe's last post. So with the Broken Butterfly and an itsy bitsy amount of help from the mine thrower, It ceased to be.

Now I must admit that the end of the fight was way more dramatic than I'm making it out to be. I had one bullet left for my Broken Butterfly, I had no health left at all, and the U-3 was bearing down upon me. I put a little space between us, turned, fired, and the beast went down quicker than a lead balloon. I couldn't believe at just how close I was to having to start the fight over, but I skated through by the skin of my teeth. How awesome is that?

Up next is another big showdown and probably the thickest brick wall of the whole game, the Krauser incident. I took a shot at it, but I didn't last very long. So instead of fighting him again, I saved at Trader Joe's nearby post and called it a day.

I'm really satisfied with the progress I made today. Once I get by Krauser, all I have left is the island war zone and the final battle with Saddler, and I'll have left. It'll probably be tough, but I think I can make it. In every battle, I've kept thinking, "I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck." But even if it takes me all day, I manage to get through. Just because I'm stuck doesn't mean I can't get myself unstuck. Now I just have to find away to get unstuck from the Krauser fight...

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

How awesome is that? Extremely awesome! Wooo hooo.

December 16, 2006 at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home