Sunday, December 17, 2006

Concussions For Christmas

As of last night, I think I've finally finished up all of my Christmas shopping. My limited budget kept me to just buying stuff for my immediate family, but at least I got somebody something. That beats what I usually get people for Christmas: nothing.

But making holiday purchases isn't the only thing I did yesterday. Moses had the idea to go see this indy wrestling show at the National Guard Armory in Bardstown after the big Kentucky/Louisville game. The show was fun, but it just seemed rather anemic. If my memory serves me correctly, there were only four matches booked. Three one-on-one matches, and a six-man tag involving everybody that had already wrestled. So yeah, the card was a wee bit thin.

I think one of the wrestlers ended up getting hurt too. He took a really nasty chairshot during his match, and in a brief intermission afterwards, I heard the promoter say that the guy was pretty messed up. My guess is that he had a concussion. He spent nearly the majority of the six-man tag standing on the ring apron, and I didn't catch what happened, but at the end of the show, he was on his back in the front row looking like he'd been knocked out. And after all the other wrestlers headed back to the dressing room and the crowd filed out of the building, he was still there being attended to. So yeah, I'd say that he's got a killer headache today.

I don't really know if the show was worth the eight bucks I paid to get in, but I still had a lot of fun. By that, I can't say it was a bad choice to go. Now I just need to find out when OVW's going to be around here again, since they put on a really fun show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Sounds like a heck of a show! I always think it's a good time live, though.

December 18, 2006 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home