Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bulldozers and Knife Fights

It's time for another special little moment here at The Matt Sutton Experience. I commemorated the blog's fifth birthday last month, and now you're reading Post #500. Oh yeah. To celebrate the milestone, let's make a report of some Resident Evil 4 progress I made this afternoon. I didn't get a chance to play the game yesterday, due to being out all day and part of the night attending to some Christmas shopping, but I made up for that by kicking the crap out of the game today.

When we last left off, I'd stared down some Regenerators, an Iron Maiden, guys with machine guns, and boatloads of freaks, but I'd manage to spring Ashley from her cell on the island base. But now I had to find our way out. I took quite a few hits, even died a few times, but I'm relentless. I finally cut a swath through the freaks, and got into the wrecking ball room. I'd tried it on Tuesday after my last post, and I couldn't get by it at all. I thought I was going to have that same poor luck today, and while I did get killed a few times, I did get through.

I finally ended up in on the big bulldozer, which was infinitely tougher than it is in Normal Mode. Freaks were running up on me from everywhere. Some with weapons, some without weapons, all with the intent to cause me and Leon a heaping helping of grievous bodily harm. I took two or three deaths, but I came back with a vengeance and showed them who's boss.

And then from there... the knife fight. Oh, do I have a story to tell about the knife fight. I screwed up on the very first prompt of the fight and was killed, but the second time around, I made it through with no problem at all. I know, I'm surprised myself. I figured I'd have to give it at least three or four shots before I made it through. As always, the knife fight had me right on the edge of my seat. And the farther I got into it, the more worried I got that I was going to screw it up and have to start over. But I got past the knife fight in two attempts, so I'm not going to complain.

I figured I'd made plenty of progress, so I called it a day when I got to Trader Joe's next post. I dread having to face "It" up next, since he's going to be one thick brick wall to bust through. But I've made it through all the other tough spots thus far, so I'm sure that I'll be able to take It down with enough effort. That beast is gonna go down just like all the other ones, mark my words.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Nice work!

I think I've figured out how to get this comment thing working for me again...finally.

I played again myself and lost a ridiculous amount of lives getting to the save point right outside the Bulldozer fight. Whew, but I made it.

December 16, 2006 at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home