Sunday, November 5, 2006

Road Trip In The Works?

Me and my regular crew were chatting a few days ago, and Tiff had an idea that I am most supportive of. I'm not quite sure if Moses and Jennifer could go for it, and we haven't really talked about it since it first came up, but I'm hoping the idea can come to fruition.

Since you're probably wondering what I'm jabbering about, Tiff's idea was us attending Horrorfest, otherwise known as "Eight Films To Die For." If you haven't seen the commercials on television, Horrorfest is a three-day film festival being held in 500 theaters in thirty-five cities on the 17th, 18th, and 19th. Each of the eight movies are horror movies that are billed as being "too shocking for general audiences," and that probably wouldn't get a theatrical release otherwise. Well, to be honest, there's actually nine movies in the festival, one of which is a "bonus movie" apparently only available to people who buy an all-access ticket to the other eight. It's only showing once, 10:00 on the 19th, which means we probably won't make it to that one if we go. Some of us have places to be on that Monday. And to be truthful, I'm not really all that interested in seeing Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror anyway.

We probably would go see it anyway, but the thing is that the only theater in the state of Kentucky that's hosting Horrorfest is up in Newport. Newport is 200 miles away, right on the Ohio River. You can spit in Newport and it'd land in Cincinnati. Now if it were in Lexington or maybe Louisville, we might be more set upon going. But considering that driving a four-hour round trip on three consecutive days would probably be quite taxing, we'd either have to rent a motel room for the weekend or just pass on the whole thing.

I'm not getting my hopes up, because we haven't decided for certain if we really are going. Like I said, we haven't talked about it since earlier in the week, and I'm probably the only one of the four that even remembers the idea of going was brought up in the first place. If we do go and have to rent a motel room, then we'll have to shake the money tree, as well as make sure that everyone will be able to free up their schedules for that weekend.

Plus, some of the movies may be a wee bit on the graphic side. And if Jennifer couldn't sit through Saw 3, then I seriously doubt she'll be able to sit through eight unrated movies that are probably going to be much worse. And I know for a fact that if she walks out, she'll be taking Moses with her, so if that's how it's gonna be, then me and Tiff might as well just go without them.

Hmm... I'll have to talk to the others about this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I hope you get to go. Sounds like a fun time, eh? I would totally go along with y'all on this if I lived anywhere remotely near there.

November 5, 2006 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

I just read that they added a place in Manchester to the festivities, so maybe you could get in on it after all?

November 5, 2006 at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home