Tuesday, November 14, 2006

One Down, One To Go

I've finally wrapped up the first half of my double feature of reviews on Sunday. And truth be told, I'm really dreading the second one. The first half completely drained me, and not in a good way. And if that's the case with the second part, and I fully expect it to be, I'm anticipating just yanking the DVD out of the player halfway through the movie and chucking it across the room. I said last week that I was looking forward to seeing if the movie lived up to its reputation, and while that is true, I'd really like to avoid ripping my hair out in frustration over how bad the movie is.

But as I said before, the first movie in this doubleheader has almost completely worn me out, so I think I might put the second one on hold for a couple of weeks so I can recharge my batteries. If I'm going to rip this sucker to shreds, I want to be at full strength when I do it. A high-quality bashing is what I'm after. Though depending on how Netflix decides to work with me, I may try working on reviews of Clerks 2 or Superman Returns before this other movie. They both come out two weeks from today, and I might be able to acquire one of them through Netflix. I really liked both of them a lot, and either would be a good way to cleanse the palate of this horrible piece of crap I just got done reviewing. I wanted to review both Clerks 2 and Superman Returns anyway, so if it means having to put some horrible soul-killing movie on hold, then that's what I'll do what I have to do.

But we'll just see how it goes from here. I do plan on getting the second half of the doubleheader done sometime, don't worry. It just might be a few weeks. But hey, nobody ever accused me of being speedy in regards to these things. Am I right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Ah, speed doesn't really matter when the quality is so high.

I understand totally. I doubt I could have watched the other one back to back after the one I did watch. It would just be too much. At least I didn't have to do a full review of it (although I really enjoyed the blog review I did). It just goes to show how much S@TM suffers for it's art!

November 14, 2006 at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home