Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everybody's having a great Thanksgiving. Mine's been good, thanks for asking. We didn't do a lot to celebrate the holiday since the whole family couldn't get together for one reason or another, so we're gonna do the whole turkey dinner thing tomorrow. I kinda wish we could have done it today like normal people, but it's unfortunately not up to me. I did, however, get a good meal at Cracker Barrel in Danville with my folks this afternoon. So I can't really complain about today. It's too bad I'm not a football fan, otherwise the day would have been complete.

Instead of football, I did watch the coverage of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC this morning, and it left me confused. If you haven't seen NBC's coverage before, let me set this up. Every so often, the parade will stop in front of the Macy's store in Herald Square so some musician that's either a nobody or someone who's brightest days were in the past can badly lip-sync the first verse of a song. And it's so painfully obvious that they're lip-syncing too. What gets me is that NBC supplies everybody with microphones and the occasional guitar. And why? Who do they think they're fooling? Does anybody believe they're singing live? Am I complaining to nobody in particular? I am? Okay, then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2006 at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home