Saturday, October 7, 2006

Hard Candy, Easy Review

Got a review of Hard Candy up over at "Sutton At The Movies." I meant to get this done last week, but I got about halfway through before I put it off to review Supergirl. At least I got it done, so I guess waiting a week or two didn't really hurt it all that bad.

So now that that's out of the way, what do I have to talk about? That is a mystery even to me, my friends. Wait, on second thought, I take that back. I do have some things after all!

Moses and I were in Danville to see School For Scoundrels on Tuesday, and after the movie, we decided to go over to Wal-Mart to hang out for a while. We didn't really intend on hanging out all that long, mainly because Moses just wanted to pick up the new X-Men 3 and Fast and the Furious 3 DVDs and probably the fifth season of Smallville if he could find it. But we ended up getting into this long - and I mean long - conversation with some guy we bumped into in the electronics department. We were probably there for a good hour and a half, two hours. We ended up going from what we liked and disliked about X-Men 3, to why Maury Povich's show sucks, to Waverly Hills Sanatorium up in Louisville, to Biblical apocrypha. How we got from one subject to the next, I have no clue. But hey, it was actually a pretty fun conversation. So we got that, and Moses ended up acquiring X-Men 3, Fast and the Furious 3, and a documentary about Waverly Hills that aired on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Having done that, we decided to head out. And as we got out of the parking lot, I ended up noticing a comic book store in the shopping center just off the main highway. This was the first time I'd seen the place, and I've been wishing for a comic book store that was closer to home, so we totally stopped by. We didn't get to stay long, since the place was about 15 minutes from closing up for the night, but I'm totally going to be in there whenever I have the opportunity and money to burn. I'm going to have to keep some comics I'd like to acquire in mind, maybe even keep an eye out for a "Help Wanted" sign once I get on my feet and do some job hunting.

And that was pretty much it for the day. I probably would have posted about it earlier, but the last few days haven't exactly been kind to me. But eh, I did pretty much the same thing last week, so whatever. Either way, I'm wrapping this one up here. Out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I have a plan in motion to watch X-3 today, and rewatch the first two also.

October 9, 2006 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Yay! MORE new reviews! You're a machine.

Awesome, a comic book store. I hope you find a whole bunch of interesting gems in there.

October 9, 2006 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Remember, Remember the Vodka decision,
and the eery pink bunnies it wrought.
I know of no reason
why the Vodka decision
should ever be forgot.

Deceeeesion.

October 12, 2006 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Excellent review of Hard Candy, my friend.

October 12, 2006 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home