Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Today's the big day, folks. October 31st. Halloween. One of the most anticipated days on this young man's calendar.

As per the usual, I don't really have any major Halloween plans lined up right now. I usually play it by ear. Though, like ever year, I do plan on hanging out with my uncle in his driveway and helping him hand out some candy. This has been a personal tradition for me every year for the last decade or so. I've only missed one Halloween, and that was just due to unfortunate college-related commitments that I couldn't get out of. But outside of that, my annual Halloween plans have almost always gone off without a hitch, and it's something I look forward to every year.

Today is also one of those days where horror movies are universally cool for a change. The genre doesn't always get the respect it deserves during the other 364 days out of the year, but everyone is into horror on Halloween. I've long been a fan of the genre, and I'm not shy about it. But there's just something about Halloween that makes horror movies that much more special and that much more fun on this particular day. And if there's one thing I love, it's a good scary movie on Halloween.

On that note, I think I'm going to go watch some scary movies. Before I head off, I want to give a little plug to a project that my buddy Dave is doing. The guy's decided to compile the contents of his pro wrestling DVDs into one large, in-depth database. And I must admit that this little shout-out might be a wee bit on the selfish side, since I had a hand in some of the research. But if you're at all interested, feel free to check it out. And to be totally honest, I might just have to rip the idea off one day.

And that's that. Everybody have a safe and happy Halloween, and hopefully you'll have more treat than trick. Unless you like tricks. And you probably do, you sick freak.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Yay! Halloween rocks.

It's one of the best times of the whole year.

October 31, 2006 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home