Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Breaking High Scores

With all the talk about Resident Evil 4 over at Lib's blog, I decided to dip my toe back into the game's waters last night. I started with the Mercenaries side-game, which I may or may not have a mild addiction to. I played a few rounds, usually topping out at between 50,000 and 60,000 points. I picked it back up today, I got the same results. But then, the magic happened.

I headed out with Wesker in the castle, where I'd had plenty of success with him in the past. For most of the time, I kept the sniper rifle armed. It's not exactly intended for close combat, but I make it a point to keep my distance while playing The Mercenaries.

It was a rough battle, with freaks coming from all sides with crossbows, spiked shields, and maces. I wasn't even sure if I'd make it out alive, thanks to my health running dangerously low in the last ten seconds, and I had no pick-me-ups to help. I retreated to a safe place with scant time remaining, and when the dust settled, I was victorious.

My final score: 109 freaks killed, with three Superclaws dusted and a streak of 36 in a row, for a grand total of 112,290 points. This obliterated my previous high score of 108,420, which I set back in April in the castle with Wesker.

Today is a proud day for me as a fan of Resident Evil 4. Now if I could just break the 100,000 point barrier in the other three levels, things would be great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Awesome! We are so badass!

But I'm nowhere near breaking 100K.

October 18, 2006 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home