Friday, September 22, 2006

You Owe Me $2.50, Mother Nature!

You know, I never feel really old until I have to do something regarding my old high school.

Myself and my usual running buddy Moses went to our old stomping grounds, Washington County High School, to attend the football team's homecoming game against Louisville Christian Academy. The first half wasn't bad at all, with W.C. leading 13-0 at halftime. But then, as they say on VH1's Behind The Music, it all came crashing down.

No, Washington County didn't lose. They didn't even play. After the crowning of the homecoming king and queen at halftime, the teams returned to the sidelines, only to leave again after a few minutes. There was some pretty nasty lightning coming through the area, and I guess both teams and 99% of the crowd decided to leave and avoid the weather. Of course, that led me and a few others to joke that since we only got to see half a game, we should go up to the ticket booth and ask for half of our money back.

Moses and I hung around for at least an hour or two with the hopes that the game would get started again, but we ended up leaving around 10:00 and headed to Pizza Hut before it closed. Word was that the teams just agreed to postpone the second half of the game until Monday night. But screw that, I'm declaring NASCAR Rules. The game was halfway over and Washington County was in the lead, so I'm going to call it a win for us.

A moral victory is still a victory of some kind. Am I right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Darn that Mother Nature!

September 23, 2006 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I was wondering if any of that nasty weather was in your neck of the woods.

September 25, 2006 at 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home