Saturday, September 16, 2006

More Reviews To Come

So here I am looking to make a post, but I'm completely stumped for topics of discussion. I had a perfectly good theme lined up and everything, but so help me, I forgot what it was. Don't you hate when that happens?

But I can think of something to talk about. Like some of the projects I'm working on. I finished up a new review Thursday night as part of a double feature. I haven't started on the second half yet, but depending on how Netflix decides to work, I may have to put it on hold temporarily. There's a movie hitting DVD store shelves on Tuesday that I'd like to review if and when Netflix ships it out to me. But if they don't, I'll be getting to work on that second review. So either way, I'm getting another review written. Whether it's two or three when I get them all posted, we'll see.

I have to admit that the first review was a real chore to write after a while. The deeper I got into it, the less I wanted to write. Not because I didn't want to write, but because I just didn't want to talk about the movie anymore. The sheer nonsense that was the movie sucked out part of my soul, and if I was a lesser man, the entire review probably would have consisted of a picture of me sitting in a corner curled up in the fetal position, sobbing my eyes out. It would look kinda like that scene from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective where Jim Carrey freaks out after discovering Sean Young's deep dark secret. Maybe not 100% like that, but almost.

It'll probably be the same way when it comes to writing the second review. I've only seen the movie once a few months ago, but I remember it being nothing short of mediocre, with a main character so stupid that it's almost offensive. Hopefully it isn't as awful the second time around.

I'm going to wrap this up here. Perhaps more later, if I have something to say. Ciao.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Yay! New reviews coming. That's always a good thing.

September 18, 2006 at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home