Thursday, August 17, 2006

What's In A Name?

Well, well, well... look who's here. Fancy meeting you in this neck of the woods. You want to hang out for a while, while I do this post? You do? Cool.

Truth be told, I don't really have anything off the top of my head for this post; I just felt like wasting a little time in front of the computer. But I've found that sometimes, the more entertaining posts are the ones where I don't really have any particular direction that I'd like to take things in. But I'd kinda like to take this one somewhere. There's a few topics that could work, but not a lot of them really click right now. But there is one I've been thinking about today.

Myself and Libby were discussing the names of comic book characters and how they would sound as a child's name. Don't ask me how that got started, because I'm not 100% sure either. But we were talking about it, so whatever. Anyway, I mentioned a couple, particularly Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson. Libby liked the idea of "Gwen Stacy Sutton" and "Mary Jane Sutton," and I can't disagree. But just my luck, little M.J. would would take her name to heart, start dating a pothead, and drive her poor father up a wall.

Libby also likes Shayera and Felicia Hardy, and after I thought of it, she liked Selina Kyle too. I like those names too, but like Libby said last night, a little girl named Hardy would probably question the sanity of her parents for giving her a name like that. Though it's no worse than celebrity kids like Audio Science Clayton, Pilot Inspektor Lee, or Apple Martin.

Yeah, it may sound kinda girly to think of baby names and whatnot, but when you have plenty of time on your hands like yours truly, you tend to do any sort of activity to occupy yourself. Besides, you never know when that sort of thing just might come in handy.

And that's all I've got for this go-around. I should be back later with my Who Wants To Be A Superhero? thoughts, so until then, true believers, excelsior.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the conversation. I thought it was pretty fun myself. I also can't recall how we got onto that subject.

Ah, girly schmirly. I think it's a sign of a real man to be able to jump into a conversation like that without worrying about it. Yup. That's what I think.

August 17, 2006 at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home