Monday, August 14, 2006

A History of Blogging

Let's kill a little time on a lazy Monday, shall we? I mean, I'm here, you're here, the blog is here, so why don't we make the most of it and get to know one another a little better.

Even though it isn't until the second day of November, I've been thinking a lot about how far this little corner of the World Wide Web has come along since it was first concieved in a college dorm room five years ago. From its humble beginnings over on Tripod as a ripoff of my neighbor Kenny's blog in 2001, to the one-post-a-month period I've dubbed "The Dead Zone" in 2002, to the birth of Sutton At The Movies and the rise of the Delphi Blog Nation in 2003, to hitting my stride as a movie reviewer in 2004, to finding a little more maturity and talent as a blog caretaker in 2005, and the journey to Blogger this year, the evolution of The Matt Sutton Experience has been fun. Though to be totally honest, I'm surprised I've made it five years on this wild and wacky thing. (And I can't believe Sutton At The Movies has been around for three years, but that's a different story). But it's been an entertaining five years come November, and here's to five more.

You know, it seems like I've done this post before, and I just know I'll end up repeating it again when the big day arrives. But I won't complain if you don't. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I don't know what it is for sure, but I really enjoy this sort of post.

August 14, 2006 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home